logo

logo

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Peachy White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies


Has your kid ever told you….”Mom, I’m supposed to bring cookies to school tomorrow.  I forgot to tell you.”?  I’m pretty sure this happens kind of frequently.  In the kid’s mind…cookies kind of just miraculously happen.  They don’t make them.  What do they care?  Well, today I have the world’s easiest cookie recipe, which could quite possible also be the best tasting cookie I have ever had.  Seriously.

I am going to show you my “recipe” for Peachy White Chocolate Oatmeal cookies.  Long name, easy recipe.



I used a packaged oatmeal cookie mix.  The back of the bag asks for 1 tablespoon of water, a softened stick of butter and one egg.  I add Gourmet Rooster County Fair Peach Spread and white chocolate chips.

Now I realize that adding Gourmet Rooster County Fair Peach Spread might be problematic for some of you.  If you can’t get your hands on any, feel free to use any kind of peach preserves you can find.  You will also want to add about 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, ½ teaspoon nutmeg and a pinch of ginger.  Or a tablespoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice.  Same idea, but obviously not as good;)  Ha!

FYI-if you live in Northern Nevada, it is about to get easier to get my products.  I am going to start selling at Farmer’s Markets this Saturday.  I will be at the Summit Mall on Saturdays and Tuesdays and at the Spark’s Farmers Market on Thursday evenings.



I have never once had the forethought to soften by butter the right way….by leaving it out on the counter until soft.  Who plans ahead like that?  I pop my butter in the microwave for about 20 seconds.  This should soften it without melting it.

I mixed the softened butter with an egg and water.



Then, in goes the bag of cookie mix and the peach spread.  This dough will be stiff….which is good.  Stiff things are good.  I am talking about stiff drinks, dirty birds.



Then, I stirred in the chips.  Use your muscles.



I used an ice cream scooper to get uniform sized cookies.  I also baked my cookies on parchment paper so I didn’t have to worry about sticking.

This recipe will make about 3 dozen cookies.  Maybe less, maybe more….depending on what size you make them.



Chris actually said this was the “best cookie” he’d ever had.  For a second I felt bad considering all the cookies I have made him from scratch.  But then I realized I was lucky that I could use this crazy easy recipe anytime to give him the “best cookies”.





If you have never had my County Fair Peach Spread, let me just tell you….it tastes a lot like peach pie filling.  It is spiced with all the warm spices….cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.  This gives the cookies the most delicious peachy pie-like flavor.  And the white chocolate chips send these over the top.  You will love these.  I did, and I tend to not like oatmeal cookies!  But these are amazing.  Try them and tell me what you think!

Peachy White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

One package Betty Crocker Oatmeal Cookie Mix

1 stick butter, softened

1 tablespoon butter

1 egg

½ cup Gourmet Rooster County Fair Peach Spread

1 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Spray baking sheets with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, mix together softened butter with water and egg.  Once mixed, stir in peach spread and cookie mix.  Mix well.  Fold in chocolate chips.

Scoop dough onto cookie sheets using an ice cream scoop.  Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share