logo

logo

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mini Mom Brunch Part 2


Hi guys!  I am going to make tonight’s post short and sweet.  I’ve had a helluva day.  It started out great!  I walked the Spark’s Marina with one of my best girlfriends….but then got back to my car only to realize that I had brought my house key on the walk as opposed to my car key.  My car key was in my locked car.  Sometimes I am brilliant.  Seriously.  I had my head so far up my butt this morning that I locked my keys in the car…in a town that is almost a full 30 minutes from my house.  Mr. Rooster was not pleased that he had to drive me back out there tonight to retrieve my car.  Mr. Rooster is a but high strung;)  Anyhoo, between the stress of that, and cleaning my house for when my mom comes tomorrow…I’m pooped.

I told you that I would be making an “Everything” dip for mini toasted bagels….so let’s get to it.



This dip is basically everything that you would put on a good, New York bagel…..you know, cream cheese, lox, capers, etc.  I just blend it all up and make it easier to serve and enjoy.

I used cream cheese, chopped red onion, caper, poppy seeds, smoked salmon, garlic salt, heavy cream and chopped tomatoes.  I also used a lemon which seems to have rolled its way out of the picture.

I threw in the poppy seeds and garlic salt to remind me of an “everything” bagel.  So yes, there is a lot going on in this dip, but if you enjoy a fully loaded bagel….you will love this.



I put the cream cheese (softened to room temperature), capers, chopped onion, garlic salt, poppy seeds, heavy cream and the juice of one lemon into the bowl of my food processor.  I blended this until it was mixed, but still a bit chunky. 



I topped my dip with the chopped tomatoes and served it with toasted mini bagels.  Remember….this is my “Mini Mom Brunch”.



I could not stop eating this.  And I was home alone, so it really wasn’t a pretty sight.  One girl should never eat that much.

This dip is creamy, salty, briny and a bit sharp from the onions.  Theoretically, this should give you the giant New York bagel experience in a couple of bites….I just happened to eat the equivalent of 3 full sized bagels.

My next “recipe” isn’t much of a recipe.  I call it “teacup fruit salad” and it is just what it sounds like.  I simply put fruit salad into teacups and serve it that way.  Anything looks cute and dainty in a teacup.  I do make one little change from typical fruit salad though.  I serve it with a honey yogurt dressing.  I will show you how I make it.



I used honey vanilla Greek yogurt, honey and heavy cream.



I mix together the yogurt and honey and thin it out with a bit of cream.  Milk would work too.



I put my dressing into a squirty bottle so I can drizzle it on all pretty;)



Isn’t that the cutest way to serve fruit salad?



And the dressing takes it over the top.  So, so good.  If you have teacups, you must use them for this.  I am betting you don’t drink tea out of them too often, so you might as well use them for something else.  Like serving your mom fruit.

My final recipe is easy as can be.  I am going to show you how to make a Ginger Pear Bellini.  Sounds delicious, right?



All it is a spoonful of Gourmet Rooster Ginger Pear spread spooned into the bottom of a champagne flute and topped with champagne.  The flavors are meant to be together.  So much better than a typical peach Bellini, or even a regular run of the mill mimosa.

I hope you try a couple of the Mini Mom recipes.  Even if your mom isn’t mini;)

“Everything” Dip with Toasted Mini Bagels

8 ounces cream cheese, softened

¼ heavy cream

1/3 cup red onion, chopped

¼ cup capers, drained

1 teaspoon garlic salt

1 teaspoon poppy seeds

Juice of one lemon

3 ounces smoked salmon

1/3 cup tomatoes, chopped

Place all ingredients except for tomatoes into food processor.  Blend until mixed well.  Top with tomatoes and serve with toasted mini bagels.



Honey Yogurt Fruit Salad Dressing

8 ounces honey vanilla Greek yogurt

2 tablespoons honey

2 tablespoons heavy cream

Whisk all ingredients together.  Keep cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share