logo

logo

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Chris's Chicken


Hi all.  I was just looking at pictures of the devastation that Hurricane Sandy caused.  That bitch really tore through the East Coast.  My heart goes out to all affected.  I really think everyone should move to Nevada, or maybe Arizona.  We really don’t have much in the way of natural disasters here.  But like I said, my thoughts and prayers are with all affected.

So I am sure that if you are on Pinterest, you have seen the recipe for chicken topped with mayonnaise and parmesan cheese.  It is all over the boards.  I have made this for years, but I always add a couple more ingredients to jazz it up even more.  I call this Chris’s Chicken because it is his favorite when it comes to chicken.  Let me show you what I do differently.

 

I used a pack of breast fillets.  I find that these are thinner than regular “breasts” but not as thin as the “thin-cut” variety.  The fillets are also the same thickness all the way down.  Pretty much.  Of course, regular breasts will work too.

Besides the mayo and parm, I also use a pack of onion soup mix and bread crumbs.   Just use plain breadcrumbs.  This gives the chicken a great onion flavor and even more crunch.  And of course, the mayo keeps the chicken moist.  Chicken breasts, especially boneless skinless, can taste like cardboard.  They can be dry and tasteless….not with this recipe.  I solemnly swear.

 

So this is super easy.  I blend the mayo, parm, and onion soup mix in a bowl.  Don’t add salt.  The parm and the soup mix are already salty.  This will taste like a salt lick if you add extra salt.  That’s only cool if you are a deer.

 

I top each fillet with the mayo mixture, and then I sprinkle on bread crumbs and black pepper.  This bakes for 22 minutes at 425 degrees…..perfect every time.

 

This chicken is moist and delicious, with a crunchy, crusty yummy crust.  Seriously, this couldn’t be easier or more amazing.  You could easily pull this off on a regular week night….right?

Keep reading for my recipe.  Stay safe East Coasters!

Chris’s Chicken

1 1/3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken fillets (about 4)

1 cup mayonnaise

½ cup parmesan cheese, grated or shredded

1 packet onion soup mix

2 tablespoons breadcrumbs

1 ½ teaspoons black pepper

Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.

Mix together mayo, parm, and onion soup mix until blended.  Lay chicken fillets on foil lines baking sheet.  Top each chicken fillet evenly with mayo mixture.  Sprinkle breadcrumbs and pepper evenly over chicken.

Bake at 425 degrees for 22 minutes or until browned and cooked through.

Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share