logo

logo

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Apple Pie Moonshine


Hi guys!  Long time, no talk.  We had a fabulous family vacay at Disneyland last week.  It was great to have a week off.  No cooking, no writing, no nothin’ but having fun.  I love to cook and write for you all, but it was nice to have a break.  And to let other people cook for me.  Not that what we ate was the greatest, but I did get Dole Whip and Bacon Wrapped Grilled Asparagus.


 

So I do have a recipe for you today, and it is a quick one.  Well, it sits for a week, but it is quick to put together.  And it is a great gift idea!  What is it, you ask?  Booze!  Everyone’s favorite.  Apple Pie Moonshine to be exact.

Ok, so it isn’t really moonshine, as I didn’t illegally make it in a still out in the forest.  I wasn’t hidin’ from the cops.  It wasn’t 1922.  I wasn’t wearing overalls.  I didn’t bootleg it over county lines.  But most importantly, I used vodka.  I didn’t make anything from corn.  It isn’t White Lightning.  I just like the name.  And since I made it myself (sort of), I will call it moonshine.

Here is how I made it:

 

I used a handle of vodka and a jar of Gourmet Rooster Whiskey Apple Spread.  Easy, right?

Oh look, I used the good stuff!  Ok, no I didn’t.  I bought the cheapest vodka I could find.  Nobody will know.

 

I poured the vodka into a large jar and added the fruit spread.  If you think you have to only use Gourmet Rooster…you don’t.  You can use any kind of apple butter.

This will now sit on your counter for a week.  Go ahead and shake it every time you walk by it…..maybe 3 times a day.  This gives the flavors a chance to marry.

 

After the week (or longer) is up, pour your mixture through a strainer, a very fine strainer.  If you really want it smooth, use a coffee filter.

 

Done.  Bottle it.  Label it.  Yay!  A Christmas gift!  I used pint jars and made labels from brown craft paper.  Isn’t this the cutest gift?

As for the moonshine….it tastes like apple pie, hence the name.  It tastes of apples, cinnamon and vodka, of course. 

This recipe will give you 3 and ½ pint jars.  So three to give away and a small jar to keep for yourself. 

Watch yourself.  This stuff sneaks up on you!

Apple Pie Moonshine

1.75 liter bottle of vodka

9 ounces Gourmet Rooster Whiskey Apple Spread

Pour ingredients into a large, airtight jar.  Let mixture sit for 1 week, shaking occasionally.  Strain and jar.

Makes 3 ½ pints.

1 comment:

  1. There are many things I'd know only after browsing your wonderful Information. Superb post provide us as well as this amazing site is impresses more folks to reading that blog.
    apple pie

    ReplyDelete

Share