logo

logo

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

New Ideas for Fruit Spreads!


Hi guys!  How was your weekend?  Ours was great!  My mom was here, and I always like it when she comes to visit.  We ate a lot, as usual.  We didn’t create any new and exciting recipes though.  It was more like we just ate a lot of Oreos;)

Today I am going to talk a bit about my fruit spreads.  When we set up at Farmer’s Markets, it is always pretty entertaining to listen to people walk by and tell whoever they are with what they think I am selling without slowing down to check.  I usually here “what’s that?”….”I think it’s honey”, or “salsa”, or once we even heard an older gentlemen tell his wife that we were selling peanut butter.  Yep sir…I am selling 9 different kinds of peanut butter!  And some of it is red, like BBQ sauce;)  I guess it would be hard to figure out what I am selling if you don’t slow down to look.

We also here a lot “what do I use this for?” when people are inquiring about the fruit spreads.  I always give the same answer…..”we use is just like a jam or a jelly, but we also heat it up and pour it over ice cream, over pancakes or waffles, or we stir it into oatmeal and yogurt.  I also bake with it!”  I am going to punch myself in the face if I hear myself say that one more time.  I have got to branch out because I am pretty sure I sound like a broken record.

I was thinking of other things I could tell people to do with my fruit spreads.  Obviously, I have a ton of ideas, but I need quick and easy ideas to give people at Farmer’s Markets.  Last night, I tried out 3 different sandwich combinations that all turned out amazing.  I think that telling people that my fruit spreads are great on sandwiches is another really good avenue to try.  Let me show you the sandwiches I made…..and they are all grilled with gooey cheese so that is automatic deliciousness.



My first sandwich combination actually comes from my BFF Jennifer.  She told me that she puts Ginger Pear spread and Cambozola cheese on her hamburgers.  I thought that sounded kind of weird.  But I tried it on a grilled roast beef sandwich and it was ah-may-zing.  The sharp ginger flavor works really well with roast beef and the creamy blue cheese couldn’t be better on this sandwich.



My second combination is extra sharp cheddar cheese, Whiskey Apple Spread and turkey.  I have told you before that I am a fan of apples and cheese together and the addition of turkey to this sandwich makes it crazy good.  This one ended up being my favorite.



My last sandwich combination is Provolone cheese, County Fair Peach spread, Dijon mustard and ham.  Also amazing.



For the peach and ham sandwich, I used a sourdough bread slathered in mustard and peach spread.



I added Provolone and ham and grilled this bad boy.



When you make any kind of grilled sandwich, you have to spread softened butter on each slice of bread…on the outside, obvs.  Don’t take the easy way out and just toss butter in the pan.  Not the same thing.



This is a picture of the Cambozola cheese and Ginger Pear spread.  Then, I topped the cheese with roast beef, but I forgot to take a picture of that.  Sue me.



This is the shar cheddar cheese and Whiskey Apple spread.



There goes the turkey!



So like I said above, this one was my favorite.  The sharp cheddar is amazing with Whiskey Apple spread.  I knew I would love Whiskey Apple spread with turkey because last year I basted my Thanksgiving turkey with it.  The flavors are meant to be together.



The roast beef, Ginger Pear spread and Cambozola…..This creamy combination of brie and blue cheese works perfectly with roast beef and Ginger Pear spread.  Jennifer was right.  I will never doubt her again.



And the ham, oh man the ham.  Chris loves this one.  We both loved the peach spread with mustard and the provolone tied it all together. 

You have to try one of these amazing combinations.   And come see me at a Farmer’s Market!  I will have a whole new line to feed everyone about my fruit spreads……until I get sick of this one;)  Eventually I won’t be able to stand the sound of my own voice at all and I will have to pretend I am mute.

See ya on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share