logo

logo

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pulled Pork Extravaganza, Part Two

Hi guys!  I am so excited to show you tonight’s recipe because it is so crazy good.  I am not normally one for homemade pizza.  It is usually something that I actually prefer to come from a restaurant instead of being homemade.  I love pizza, pizza delivery, eating at a pizza place, etc.  We usually have to go out to get pizza because nobody delivers to where I live.  I only live about 10 or 15 minutes from town, but the pizza delivery guys must think I live in Bum$%^&, Egypt.  When we moved here, and I found out that I couldn’t get pizza delivered…..I think I cried myself to sleep for the first two weeks. 

So as you may have gathered, smarty pants, I am showing you a great pizza recipe tonight.  And you also may remember that I am still knee deep in amazing BBQ pulled pork. If you are remembering correctly, I cooked a HUGE pork butt in my slow cooker so I would have plenty of pork for the week.   I promised you another great idea, starring pulled pork, plus lots of other ideas.  I shall deliver.  Before I show you the fantastic pizza…let me remind you how I made the pulled pork.

And by remind you, I mean I will post the link and the rest is up to you.


And now…here is a partial list of what you can do with the aforementioned pulled pork.  “Partial” because I am sure there are a million that I am not thinking of;)

-Pulled Pork Spaghetti (replace your usual sauce with saucy pulled pork)

-Pulled Pork topped baked potatoes

-Pulled Pork topped French fries

-Pulled Pork Quesadillas

-Pulled Pork Nachos

-Top a salad with Pulled Pork

-Layer Pulled Pork with cream cheese and cheddar cheese and bake, serve with corn chips for dipping

-Pulled Pork omelets

-Pulled Pork on biscuits

Ok, I am sure there are plenty more….but I bet this gives you some ideas!

Onto my pizza…..

I have always loved California Pizza Kitchen’s BBQ Chicken Pizza, so it makes complete sense that I would love a pulled pork pizza.  The BBQ sauce goes so well with a yummy crust and lots of cheese.  Of course, it is best when you use Gourmet Rooster BBQ Sauce….right?



I used a premade pizza crust….You know, the kind you buy in a package that is not from the refrigerated section?  Normally, I buy a bag of pizza dough from Raley’s, but they didn’t have any today.  It was a vicious plot against me, I am sure.

I chose the thin crust variety, but you can use whatever your little heart desires.



I also used leftover pulled pork (duh), a little more Gourmet Rooster Whiskey Apple BBQ Sauce, extra sharp cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, red onion, chopped tomato and chopped green onions.  You know what else would be phenomenal on this pizza?  Bacon.  And that is because bacon is good on anything.



Instead of pizza sauce, I spread BBQ sauce on the crust.  I only used a little bit because the pork is really saucy.  I don’t want this pizza to loaded down because then it may not ever cook through….it could stay soggy.



Then, I put on some of my leftover pork and some sliced red onion.

Remember to leave a border.

I could totally get a job at Round Table.



Now the best part….cheese, beautiful cheese.

I like the mix of cheddar and mozzarella.  I think that BBQ goes well with cheddar, but I like the stretchiness of mozzarella.

Now, I bake this bad boy.  I like to add the green onions and tomatoes after the pizza cooks.  That choice is up to you too.

I followed the directions on the pizza crust package.  My package told me to bake at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes.  I baked mine a smidge longer to make sure that it really was cooked in the middle.



Once the pizza was done, I sprinkled on the green onions and tomatoes.



I couldn’t wait to cut into this.  I am totally the one that eats pizza before it cools and totally burns her mouth.  Every time.  I am 35 years old, and I have yet to learn that hot pizza burns mouths.  Oh wait, I mean I am 26, and I have yet to learn that hot pizza burns mouths.



Oh man…this pizza is good.  The BBQ sauce is sweet and tangy, the pork is moist and tender, and the cheese is creamy and delicious.  Isn’t this a great use of leftover pulled pork?  I think so.  I think this pizza makes me 50% less sad that nobody will deliver pizza here.

I will see you next week….Shall we celebrate Cinco De Mayo?

BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza

One pizza crust, About 12 inches in diameter

1/3 cup BBQ Sauce

1 cup Pulled Pork with sauce

1/3 cup red onion, sliced

½ cup extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded

½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded

¼ cup green onions, chopped

1/3 cup fresh tomatoes, chopped

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Place pizza crust onto baking pan.  Spread BBQ sauce over crust, leaving a border around the edge.  Top sauce with pork, red onion and cheeses.  Bake according to package directions.  Top cooked pizza with green onions and tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share