logo

logo

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

More Cranberry Sauce.....

As promised, I have a couple more quick recipes using the cranberry sauce that I showed you how to make yesterday.  I have eaten this sauce about 10 times in the last 2 days, and I still like it....so that says a lot.  It's that good;)
My first idea is for breakfast the day after Thanksgiving.  Do you have leftover sweet potatoes?  If they are all sweet, meaning they don't have anything savory in them (even salt and pepper), puree the potatoes and throw then in pancake or waffle batter.  Then, top them with cranberry maple syrup!  Simmer together 1/2 cup of maple syrup and 1/2 cup of cranberry sauce....just until heated through.  Pour this over your pancakes or waffles.  So, so good.  I promise.  I had it this morning just so I could make sure it was good enough to tell you about.  The things I do for you people;)
Doesn't it look good?  Fuel up on this before you hit the Black Friday sales.

My next recipe, and cranberry sauce use up, is Pumpkin Cranberry bread.  I made this today and holy moly, it was good.  My kids loved it too.  Paisley said it was "the goodest thing she has ever eaten".  Perhaps I should cook less and focus on her grammar, but I will save that for another day.
This is a "quick bread" meaning it is more like a cake then a bread.  It doesn't have any yeast in it.  I used canned pumpkin, but you could use leftover sweet potatoes too.  As long as they are all sweet!  No pepper!!

Here is the recipe:

Cranberry Pumpkin Bread
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup cranberry sauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, whisk together oil, sugar and eggs.  Once mixed, whisk in vanilla and pumpkin pie spice.
In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.  Slowly whisk dry ingredients into wet.  Stir until mixed.  Stir in pumpkin and cranberry sauce.
Pour batter into greased loaf pans.  I used two 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 loaf pans.
Cook loaves at 350 degrees for about 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Top with glaze.

Orange Glaze
1/3 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons orange juice
Whisk orange juice and sugar together until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share